NLS is releasing version 1.4.5 of the BARD Mobile Android app. This release brings major improvements, bug fixes, and increased stability since the March 2022 release.
- The ability to pause and resume downloads
- Sort and search capabilities in “Bookshelves” and “Get Book” lists
- The ability to delete books from “Wish List”
- A “More Info” book details screen
- Book-switching in the “Now Reading” screen
- New settings for “User Account” and “Audio Settings” pages
- Default setting is now “Off” in Audio Settings such as:
- Background playback with screen off
- Auto-lock during playback
- Automatic “start playback” feature in the “Now Reading” screen
- Automatic five-second rewind when resuming playback in the “Now Reading” screen
Bug fixes include:
- Increasing App stability
- “Now Reading” playback issues
- Resuming paused downloads
- Sleep Timer issues
- Rewind and fast forward audio notifications
- Display of corrections to book narrator metadata fields
Users should be able to install the update beginning today, Friday, September 9, if they do not already get automatic updates, which are recommended by NLS. If users have not automated BARD Mobile updates, they will need to go to the BARD Mobile entry in Google’s Play Store and enable the update. BARD Mobile users can confirm that they are running the latest version by checking the bottom of the app’s Settings screen.
NLS plans to follow up quickly with a v1.4.6 release to address additional bug fixes.